Sunday, August 25, 2013

(chapter 35)BELIEVE TOUR: FINAL CHAPTER!!

"What are  you waiting for? Open the door."
I opened the door, Scooter came in to greet everyone before we left for the arena. My mind still couldn´t comprehend that that evening, i was going to be performing in front of thousands of Beliebers who will be coming for the concert.

It was during rehearsals and I don´t think I have ever, in my entire life, been under so much pressure and stress. I kept on forgetting the lyrics.
"Scooter, Can I talk to you?
"Yeah, sure, what´s going on?"
"I don´t think I want to do this anymore. I have a feeling that m going to mess things up. I can´t even rehearse, I´m so nerves I can´t even remember my lines." I was starting to get sweaty.
"I know that your nerves are kicking in and that you are super nerves, but that´s okay. I won´t be normal if you weren´t shaken up. I am aware that this is your first time you are performing in front of so many people but it will pay off. Trust me, you are going to be fine. You have seen the YouTube video, Justin forgets his lines too you know."
For some reason, that made me feel better. I took a deep breathe, "Let´s do this!"  And things went for the better, I felt better and even though I was as nervous as hell, I was determined to do my best.

I spent the rest of the day just talking and having a great time with Scooter, Justin, his dancing crew, Ryan, Chaz, Alfredo, Pattie Mallete, Justin´s mom, Jeremy Bieber, Justin´s dad, the two of the most cutest kids, Jaxon and Jazmyn Bieber, Justin´s young siblings and Justin´s grandparents too. It was a blast! We made jokes, played a game or too just to ease the tension around before the big moment arrives. Time flies when you are having fun and soon, it was time for the meet and greet. It´s a session where Beliebers, fans and non-fans come to meet and take pictures with Justin. Chaz, Alfredo, Ryan and I would sneak in and hide behind Justin and make crazy faces in the background. It was an awesome feeling seeing Justin and his Beliebers having a moment, some were crying, others laughing, other pretty cool, some brought presents and the list goes on and on.

Justin had just finished talking to me, boosting my self-confidence before I hit the stage.
"You made it!" I heard Justin scream at someone behind me.
"Hello." I turned back on recognizing that familiar voice and was met by a huge hug.
"Sly!" I hugged her tight, then my mom and my dad too. "How have you guys been?" 
"As you can see, we are doing fine." My mom answered.
"Thank God you came, I thought you wouldn´t make it."
"We wouldn´t miss this for anything." My dad was the one who responded.
"I have to go and get ready now, the show is about to start. Angel, can take you guys to your sitting places, Crystal, come with me."
It felt good to know that my family was able to make it, it made me more confident. I guess Crystal could sense that I was super nervous as we walked to my changing room.
"Isn´t this amazing. You are only minutes away from hitting the stage. I´m so proud of you. I can bet that you are going to rock out there. Show them what a small town girl like you can do and they will love you."
"Thank you Crystal, you are the best. I love having you around, it makes me calm and happy."
"I´m here for you and you are welcomed."

I used to watch people getting makeup and getting dressed on TV and I thought it was such a waste of time, how long they have to sit there and get everything fixed but now it was my turn and it was surprisingly comforting. When I was all ready and done ten minutes before Showtime and I was prepared for the worst but most definitely hoping for the best, all I knew was that I was going to take the place with storm if I had to. This is my moment to shine and I´m going to do just that like a star. That was what was going through my head.

I could hear people screaming in the Arena and Dj Tay James was the one spinning the wheels as always. The moment of truth was here. Before going on stage, Justin gathered everyone and we all bowed down for a word of prayer.
"Everybody, let the Believe Tour begin!" More and even louder screams. “Let me hear you make some noise for Rockline Star."
"Rockline...Rockline..Rockline..Rockline.." Justin started to chant and everyone else joined in. 
If I was the audience side, I would have been screaming hysterically but now I get to be on the stage, opening for Justin. This is way too crazy. I thought to myself

The lights went off and when the spotlight hit me, more screams came through. At that moment, I felt a burst of energy and I started singing. Knowing that my family and friends were watching me made me even more confident. I did my thing, thanked everyone and got off the stage. My knees were shaking but I had done it. I don´t remember feeling scared that something wrong was going to happen while I performed. 
Justin was the first one to meet me as I walked off the stage.
"What did I tell you?"
"You were right Justin."
"You know, I have been working on my music journals for my next album. I was talking to Scooter and if you are interested, which I think you will be, then I would love to include your song in there. My proposal is that we can do a duet, like we did the first time in the studio. What do you think?"
"I would very much love that."
"Just like your name, You are a star and you are always going to be one. You just proved that right now."
"Thank you." Tears were gathering in my eyes, making them moist.
"Don´t ruin your mascara."
I smiled. "I´ll try not to."
"It´s almost time for me to hit the stage to."
"It´s a peace of cake for you."
"If you can do it, I can."
"Talk to you later."
"Okay."

I saw my family, Angel and Crystal come running towards me. "You were amazing out there. I have been in so many of your competitions back home and they are nothing like what you just did." Crystal was the one speaking.
"Baby, we couldn´t be any more proud."
"Thank you dad."
My mom was in tears but managed to spill a few words "I love you very much and you´ve always made me proud. You are my star."
"Come here mom." I said smiling as I leaned forward to give her a hug.
"You are now my Idol Rockline." Was what my sister Sly said as she came forth to hug me.
I tried to push the tears away but it was useless. We stood there for a couple of minutes crying, having a small chat and laughing.

"We have to go and watch the concert now, Justin is almost ready."
The key on the mega screen initiated the countdown, all you could hear was people counting down the last five seconds, "Five, four, three, two, one." and sparks flew from the stage and from above, you could see Justin descending in giant wings, just like a Angel from the sky. I had never been to Justin´s concert before in my life, I just used to watch other people meeting him and going to his concerts on You Tube but now, I get to hang out with him all the time and even open for him on his concert. Seeing him up there on stage doing what he does best brought tears to my eyes. He looked at peace, like he was home. I guess now I´m touring the world with him, going to amazing places and promoting his motto: "BELIEVE" in your dreams, that with hard work, determination and "Never Saying Never", they will one day become true.


 It´s not just something I now believe in, but it´s how I live, it´s part of my life. Life can take you to so many places, the decisions you make for sure have an impact on your life and I´m not saying that I´m proud or running away from home, but I´m glad I did it because look where it got me. Anyway, sitting and reflecting, my life feels like a dream. I go to meet amazing people and through the ups and downs, we made it through. From running away from home to hanging out with Justin to spending some hours in a cell to flying over to L.A to start my career to now, opening for one of the most talented artists in our generation in the Music Industry, Justin Drew Bieber.

1 comment: