Monday, August 12, 2013

(Chapter 33) THE MEETING!!

They started warming up after the greetings before they started their rehearsals and as they stretched, I got the chance to walk over to where Jason was stretching and talk to him.
"Hello, Jason, do you remember me?" I asked as I knelt down beside him.
He stopped what he was doing and looked at me, "I don´t think we´ve met before."
"Yes we have. Aren´t you Jason Smith? They one who used to love street dance? You used to dance behind the school everyday but your dad never wanted you to dance. Your house was right beside mine. Remember?"
"Yeah, I remember that. Wait, a minute, you are the girl who used to go on those singing competitions right?"
"Yeap, that´s me."
"It was long since I saw you and then I meet you here, as one of Justin´s dancers. Wow! That´s super great."
"And it has been amazing. What are you doing here by the way?"
"Oh, I´m here with Justin. I´ll be singing."
"That´s cool. Maybe we´ll I see you perform on the big stage."
"I don´t think so."

"Okey guys, we need to get started." We heard the choreographer shout as he came in.
"I guess we´ll talk later on." I sais standng up and preparing to leave.
"Yeah for sure. See yah." He said as I left.

I got the chance to talk to Crystal on the phone about what Justin had suggested, it´s like she always knows the right answer and I trust her judgement.
"I think it will be a really good experience if I do it."
"But I´m super nervous. What if I screw things up?"
"Really!? You have performed infront fo so many before during the competitions. Why are you scared?"
"I don´t know, I mean, there are going to be more people there."
"That´s even better. If you do well and you get your album or song, that means that you will have to be performing for very many people so this will be like practise. I still suggest that you do it."
"You are right. Okey fine, I´ll do it."

"Scooter, I think I can do it. I´ll open for Justin."
"Really." Scooter looked at me waiting for the confirmation face.
"Yes. I have performed in front of many people before so I think I´ll be okay."
"Great!  Do you remember the song you wrote that you and Justin were practicing back at the studio when you were here the last time?"
"Yeah, I have it at Angel´s place."
"Then bring it tomorrow."
"Will do."

It was a long day but it was very fun seeing Justin and his dancers rehearsing. I would have loved to be part of dance team but dancing was not my speaciality. We had lunch later on that day during the break and everyone was chatty and active. We talked about different topics and just had a good time.
"Justin, Rockline accepted your offer. She wants to perform on the opening concert on Saturday."
"Are you for real?" Justin looked at me and asked.
"Mmh...." I responded nodding my head.
"That´s super cool. I promise, you are going to be fine." He came over to where I was sitting eating my food and hugged me.
"I know I´ll be okey, because you are here to help me."
"Yes I am."

After lunch, it was more rehearsals until around six in the evening, instead of going home, Justin, Scooter and I went to visit Crystal in the hospital where Angel was also waiting for us.
"How is she feeling now?"
"She says that she´s feeling so much better."
"What happened?" Justin asked.
"She had an allergi reaction, we don´t know yet what she took to make her feel that way but she is doing okay now. I think they are going to release her tomorrow."
"Thank God. She hates hospitals." I added, "Can we go and see her?"
"Yeah sure. This way, she is in room 103."

We made our way to Crystál´s room and found her laying on the bed. She looked better than how she did in the morning.
"How are you doing?" I went closer to her bed.
"Well, I feel better than the way I did in the morning." She responded.
"I heard you weren´t feeling well so we wanted to come and see you. We weren´t sure what to bring but ere you go," Justin moved next to me beside Crystal´s bed and handed her the flowers and Crystal´s favourite chocolate we had bought on our way there.
She stretched out her hand and you could see the surprise on her face when she laid her eyes on the chocolate.
"Thank you guys so much for coming over, I hate being in hospitals and it´s really boring but i feel happier that you guy came."
"Anytime." Scooter was the one who spoke this time.

We were talking when the doctor cam into the room holding a folder and came to Crystal´s bed.
"You seem alright by now. We are going to discharge you today but you´ll have to take some anti-allegi medication."
"I´m getting out of here?"
"Yes, but you need to take your medicine."
"I will."

She got cleared out, we took the medicine and we went back home to Angel´s place. Before we entered the apartment´s gate, Scooter stopped us.
"Are you guys busy this evening or are you free? I mean, do you have anything planned?"
"We haven´t planned anything for the evening so my schedule is very very open." I answered.
"Good. I arranged a dinner meeting tonight at the Calabasas Hotel. I invited L.A Reid, Usher and some other business people and they are excited to meet you both, plus Angel of course. Justin and the boys are also coming."
Thank God. I was starting to get nervous I thought to myself.
"What time?"
"About seven thirty. Is that okay with all of you?" Scooter asked.
"I don´t see why not." Crystal responded.
"We´ll be ready." Angel added.
"Okey, we have to be on our way now. We have to go get ready too you know."
"Yes, of course."

Time flew so fast and in no time, we were all dressed up and on our way to the Calabasas Hotel. My heart was pounding. What if L.A Reid and the others won´t be impressed? Then what? Well, we got out of the car and Scooter was there waiting for us and he led us to the restaurant section where everyone was waiting. I felt so nervous I thought my knees were going to give in and I would fall.


"Ladie you look very beautiful." Justin stood up to come and greet us.
"Thank you." We responded on unison.
The rest of the people on the table stood up to greet us as we went around the table. Usher, L.A Reid, and other famous people who are very important in the show business, all in the same room and Crystal and I having the opportunity to meet them was just too insane but a great experience. Once the food was served and everyone started talking, my fear went away and I never thought I would feel that free and just be myself.

"So for how long have you been singing." L.A Reid was the one talking.
"Well, I´ve been singing since I was little so it has been a big dream of mine to work in a studio and with great people like you and Justin."
"Well, you have come to the right place and Scooter filled me in on your interest to perform at Justin´s concert on Saturday. I think that´s a very good idea, it will get you out there. Come to the studio tomorrow, because we have to start practising, you have just a day to train and it has to be perfect you know." Usher offered.
I smiled and nodded. "I will most definetely be there."

"And you Crystal, I heard you are good on stage, do you want to becoem an actress?" It was Jon M.Chu, one of the most extraordinary movie directors I had heard and seen. Hsi movies aer just fantastic.
"I have not yet decided what I want to be yet but acting is one of the top three things on my list. I love being on the theatre or stage perfroming, I feel at home, in peace and it´s a great feeling."
"That´s nice to hear. There is an audition next monday for an upcoming movie, would you like to come out and try it out?"
She looked at Scooter then at me, "Yes, I would like that very much."
"Then it´s done. I´ve seen you on video, Scooter showed the school plays to me and I hope you get a part somewhere, you are very talented."
Crystal blushed a bit. "Thank you."

We had conversations about different artists and about different topics, it was all just amazing, I wasn´t as nervous at all like I thought I would have been. It was about half past ten, everyone was tired and wanted to go and get some rest.
"Remember to take the song book wth you tomorrow, or the just the song we were going to practise."
"I won´t forget."
"Then I will see you tomorrow."
"Yes we will."

Justin was hugging me, saying our bye byes when i noticed something on his arm.
"What is that?" I asked surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment