Sunday, August 18, 2013

(Chapter 34) IN THE STUDIO!!

"Oh, that´s my new tattoo?"
"New tatoo? When did you get it?"
"Just today, I´ve had is since morning but you never noticed."
"What! Really? It´s looks amazing. Why did you get it?"
"Because of my mom. I thought that well, getting an eye tattoo would mean that she´s always watching over me."
"That was thoughtful. It looks great."
"Oh, I got another one too, it was a wing, I wanted to get it for my Believe Tour."
I looked at the tattoo that was on his upper arm, "It looks really good Justin, but you don´t need so many tattoos you know."
"Yeah I know, but I want to have them because they mean something to me."
I smiled, "Well then in that case, get as many as you wish. As long as they mean something meaningful to you, whether other people hate them or not shouldn´t matter."

"Rockline," I heard Angel call out, "we gotta go, busy day tomorrow."
"I´m coming," I shouted back and turned back to Justin, "see you tomorrow. I´m super nervous."
"You don´t have to be, it´s going to be great, you are going to be a natural in the studio."
We hugged and I got into the car and Crystal, Angel and I drove off.

I remember I couldn´t sleep that night because my mind kept running these weird and nerve racking scenarios and the last thing I wanted was to close my eyes and have a nightmare. What I remember next is me jumping from my bed at the sound of the alarm, I don´t even know when I went to sleep, but it was sure worth it. We all got prepared and Angel dropped Crystal and I at the studio on her way to work. We were warmly welcomed, lead to the studio where I was supposed to and sat down on the sofa as both of us waited for the others to arrive. We had come a bit early but we didn´t mind.

"I pretty excited and nervous both at the same time." I turned to Crystal who was sitting beside me with my head leaning on her shoulder.
"You are going to be fine. I´ve seen you perform and you are a star in your own way." She said comfortingly as she patted my head. 
"Did you bring the book? The one Scooter asked you to bring?" I had forgotten about that. I was in trouble How could I forget? I thought to myself. I was about to reach for my bag to check if by any chance, if by any miracle it would be inside but I was interrupted.
"Hello ladies. How are you doing this fine morning?" We stood up to greet L.A Reid, Scooter and Justin as they came in.
"We are fine. Kinda excited. Can´t wait to get started." I replied.
"That´s the spirit." L.A Reid commented as he sat down on his chair.
"Did you bring the book?"
"Oh, the book. Well....." I pretended to be searching through my bag and there it was. How did it get in there? I forgot to put it in the bag, so how in the world did it just appear there?

I reached out and grabbed it, "here you go." I said as I handed it to Scooter. I looked over to Crystal who winked at me. Scooter went over to talk to L.A Reid and I stepped in closer to Crystal.
"Thank you. Thank you so much. You are the best, I love you."
"You are so very welcomed. I knew you would have forgotten it so I took the liberty of putting it in your bag before I went to sleep."
"You are an angel, you saved my me today."
"No need to thank me."
"Thank God i can count on you whenever."
"I´m here for you babe."

"Okay, Rockline we have to start. We have just one day to rehearse, the show is tomorrow so we have to do this right."
"I have to be going now. I will see you later everyone."
"Good bye." Justin responded as L.A Reid
I thought being in a studio, it was just recording and it was over, I never knew how much work really went into it. I had never worked so hard before. Most people think that it´s just singing but your voice gets tired and you throat dry. Thank God I had Crystal and Justin to keep me company, making random jokes here and there and making me laugh now and then to lighten up the mood, I had so much fun and such a good experience even thought it was all tiring. We were all worn out by ten at night, my body couldn´t take it but I was more happy that Scooter was pleased with my work, he said I nailed it and I didn´t need to worry, I just had to practice on the stage the next day before the show to feel more comfortable. All I could think about was that I just wanted to go home and throw myself in my bed. Scooter has gone out to collect the schedule papers for the next day, the bid day had already arrived.

"Weren´t you supposed to be on rehearsals today? Like a last day touches for tomorrow." Crystal asked Justin who was looking at his phone.
"Not really, I like to take day a day or two off before shows so that I can recharge. If I went for rehearsals today, I would be super tired tomorrow so I just do fun stuff and relax."
"That´s good information to know." he replied.
"What´s wrong? You look disturbed." I asked
"I saw this article on me that Ryan and Chaz sent me and it´s just ridiculous. Where do these people get all this wrong and untrue information from?"
"What are you talking about?"
He handed me his phone, I read through what has been written.
"Are you kidding me! Are these people for real?"
"Welcome to my life."
"This is super unfair. You have been here in the studio with me the whole day, not in your Ferrari. So what are they talking about?" I was very confused. "Did you lend someone your car?"
"Yeah. A friend of mine. He wanted to take it for a spin but that´s what they normally do, they fake everything so that it looks like it´s me. They sell more papers then."
"Justin, you need to talk to whoever was driving your Ferrari and ask him to stop. This isn´t he first time it´s happening and I think he´s taking advantage of the fact that you are way too kind and trying to be a good friend. He is going to get you in trouble."

"I don´t know what to do. I´ve warned him so many times."
"Tell him to drive at the required speed and responsibly or you could tell that if he doesn´t follow the rules set when he borrows your car, you wouldn´t lend it to him again. This is not just about his safety, it´s about the safety of the other pedestrians and drivers on the road too. Someone could get hurt because of such uncarelessness. It´s as simple as that you know."
"Well, what is done is done."

"Here you go. This is the schedule for tomorrow," Scooter handed me a paper, "and your backstage passes." he handed both Crystal and I the cards. "Take care of them." he looked at his watch, "Well, it´s getting pretty late, we have to be heading home now, gotta get some good night sleep. I´ll drop you guys off."
"What about Angel?"
"She was the one who asked me to drop you guys, she said she was going to be busy."
"Okay. I´m super tired I just want to get some rest, but it was fun."

"Good bye Justin, see you tomorrow."
"For sure. I told you that you would be amazing in the studio, and you were. I´m so proud of you."
"Thank you Justin, that means a lot to me. You are the best."
"Go home and get some sleep, you look drunk and tired."
"Yes sir, I will," I shouted and smiled as I walked to Scooter´s car.

We talked a lot about what would happen the next day and Scooter explained what I didn´t understand. My heart was beating so hard and so fast by the thought that the next day, at a time like that, I would have performed on stage for Justin´s opening act. The pressure was mounting and I was finding it hard to breathe.

"So tomorrow at 8:00, I´ll come pick you up and we´ll go to the Standard Arena where Justin will be performing, we have to rehearse so we have to be there on time." Scooter informed me as we got off the car.
"I will be ready."
"Okay, then I guess I will see you tomorrow."
"God Willing."
"Goodnight."
"Goodnight." Crystal and I replied together.

"Aren´t you coming to the rehearsals with me?"
"No, I´ll come before the show starts because the doctor I went to see for my allegi called Angel and told her I needed to go back, I don´t know why but Angel and I will meet you there later on."
"I hope all is okay with you. I don´t want you to be sick."
"I´ll be fine. Don´t worry about me. Get some sleep."

Morning came so fast I didn´t evne have time to close to get some sleep. I was up all night practising, I had to get the song perfect. My heart was pounding so heart in my chest I thought it was going to explode. I got ready, ate breakfast and waited for Scooter to come pick me up.
Ring Ring Ring.
"Have a great rehearsal, we will be there on time for you before you hit the stage. Don´t worry."
I didn´t want to do it anymore, I was chaving a change of mind. No...I wasn´t going to go through with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment