Sunday, April 7, 2013

(chapter 14) BACK HOME!!

I held the paddent by the window and looked at it for some time. It was Justin´s personal favourite  chain, the one that he had taken so pics with. I couldn´t feel more honoured. Those couple of days have been a thrill, I thought to myself, you never get such chances in life, they are those called "one in a million". 

I don´t remember how long I had slept but what woke me up was my dad´s voice saying:
"We are home people."
I strained to open my eyes, that was a good five hours sleep.
With my eyes wide awake, I stepped out of the car, and a bunch of reporters rushed to where I was. I couldn´t even move. The place was so loud I couldn´t hear what they were saying, I felt like my head was going to explode.
That God my dad came to my rescue,
"We would just love some personal family time please. We are just happy she is back home safe and sound. So if you please excuse us."
We walked past the cameras really fast, some of the town people, some who I recognised, some not so well were at my house. News does spread fast in small communities. Come on, I had made national headlines.

I got in the house and headed straight to my room. It was that sign of relief and happiness at the same time. I was back in my zone, the one place I felt safe to be myself.
I was admiring my room like I had been away for five years when I heard someone call out my name and then tap me on my shoulder so I turned back.
"I heard you just got home, can´t believe you are back, I missed you so much, I thought you left me and never coming back."

Tears clouded up my eyes,I reached out and grabbed Crystal, my one and only best friend.
"I would never leave you. I missed you more than you could imagine. It was rather lonely without you and your craziness."
"Why didn´t you tell me anything?"
"I knew you would get upset and what I did was a one minute decision. It was really late and I couldn´t come by your house at that time of night."
"I was mad at the beggining, like why would you run away and leave me all alone."
"Am sorry, that isn´t going to happen again."

We gave each other another long hug.
"It was one week but I missed you even more with the thought of you running away."
I looked at her as she wiped the tears from her face.
"I look retarded huh!" She asked jokingly.
"Not at all, maybe like a drama queen."
We kinda smiled at that. She continued,
"Anyway, where were you at? Were you sleeping on the streets or something? What really happened."
"If I tell you the truth, I bet you wouldn´t believe me."
"Try me."
I looked scornefully at her and then I laid on my bed.

"If I tell you I met the one and only Justin Drew Bieber and I spent the whole week with him, would you believe me?"
"Would I believe you? Mmh.....let´s see......of course not. Like seriously, you are going crazy, just because you were in L.A. you think I´ll believe that? Come on, the truth."
"Am telling you the truth, but it doesn´t help to argue, all I know is that I met Justin."
"Okey, let´s say I believe you, then could you give me proof, show me pics of you and him. I mean, you have been "hanging" out together for a week or something, you should have taken pics or maybe a video or something."

"I don´t have any pics or video. My phone...."
"I thought so too."
"You can ask Sly if you want, she was there!"
"No thanks. Maybe another time, she is too in
"Let´s stop talking about this because you won´t believe the story I will tell you anyway."
"Please do, tell me. I promise I´ll listen."
"Okey."
So I told her everything that happened, from when I got into the bus to when I arrived in L.A, and the walk which led to me meeting Justin, then got lost and dropped my phone to being in the Beauty and A Beat music video and all that until when my parents came to pick me up.
She kept laughing through out the story but I continued anyway.

"I knew you would never believe me but it doesn´t matter."
"Am sorry but that just sounds like a story you made up, and it´s pretty convincing. You are good."
"Whatever, let´s change the subject."
"What do you wanna talk about?"
"I donno, how have you been? School and stuff, what did I miss?"
"Well, nothing much, just some lame stuff but you were like the topic of the week. So when are you planning to back to school?"

"I don´t know, I odn´t think I even want to. Am so scared of going back. I don´t think I can face those people."
She held my hand then turned to look at me.
"I´m here for you nomatter what. I got your back there with you, we can walk together to school everyday if you want and come back. I´ll stick to you like glue until you feel okey again."
"Thank you. You are the best in the world. I love you."
I moved close to her and layed on her shoulder. She rested her head on mine.
"I love you too."


"By the way, how do you know I was in L.A?"
"Aaaah...it was the breaking news around nine in the morning. Daaaaaah........I saw you. My dad was watching TV when you came on"
"Well that was fast. I get the chance to be on TV and it´s because I ran away!"
"Don´t beat yourself about it, you came back safe, that´s what matters."


"What is the time anyway?"
"About six."
"Damn, I have to go before my mom bursts off my phone with calls. You know I´m just a phone call away right!"
"Yeah I know."
"If you are coming to school tomorrow, then I got something special for you."

"Something special for me?"
"Don´t give me that look, am not going to tell you what it is until you are in school."
"Come on, pretty please."
"Nope, nope, no. But you are going to love it. I had it made just for you."

And with that, she was gone. I lay on my bed thinking, what would did she have planned to give me tomorrow? Tommorrow isn´t a special day. Mmh...I could expect anything from Crystal, she is one of those random people.





No comments:

Post a Comment