Sunday, April 21, 2013

(chapter 16) HOME ALONE!!

”Where are you going?”
”Home. Am not feeling well.”
That was actually the worst day of my life. I had never been bullied before and I knew that that was just the beginning. It was a rather quiet journey back home, I mean, everybody else was in school except me. I kept thinking of all the comebacks I would have used at Dina. Aaaaaagh! I disliked her so much. She had ruined my Friday.

Thank God there was no one home when I got there. I just wanted to be alone at that moment. I went straight to my room and lay on my bed. Thinking about it then, I remember that was the same position I was in, planning for my escape. The only thing I needed to do was reach for my earphones and phone and play some Justin Bieber music to calm down.

It was about five in the evening when Crystal showed up.
“Are you feeling better now?”
“Yeah, I guess.”
“What they did wasn´t cool. I got your back nomatter what.”
“Thank you.”
“So are you still thinking about staying home for a while?”
“That is the best thing to do.”
“Yeah. I think so too.”

So, we talked as usual about everything for hours until she had to go back home. I was so nervous to talk to my parents about my decision to stay home but I knew I couldn´t avoid the subject, mmhh……unless I pretended I was going to school everyday like usual but then come back home when they are gone. Wow! Not bad thinking.

Saturday was a pretty calm day, I just cleaned up my room, did my laundy, just the normal stuff I used to do. So my family as usual was sitting at the dinner table.
"Your Principal called and told us what happened in school yesterday." My dad spoke.
I looked up from my plate to meet their gazes, I guess they were looking for some reactioon and when I didn´t give them any, mom continued.
"We have discussed and we feel like it´s better if you stay home next week, then you can go the week after that."

Yes! I didn´t have to lie to them, it was like they read my thoughts. I tried no to show that I was excited to stay home so I finished my dinner real quick and ran up the stairs to my room. Oh yeah! I was going to be pretty much all alone at home for about one week, I could sleep however much I wanted and nobody would bother me. Life is perfect, I thought to myself.

But it actually wasn´t. It was so damn boring spending everyday doing the same thing. I was tired of watching TV, listening to music, walking outside, baking, cooking, reading. I was removing my phone from my pocket to call a restaurant to order a pizza and as I removed my phone, I felt something like a paper, it fell on the ground when I tried to take it out. I picked it up and looked at it for a while,
“That is deffinetly weird. Whose number is this and how did it get to my pocket? Agh! Maybe Sly borrowed my trousers when I was gone. I am going to prank call the number."

Ring Ring Ring, Ring Ring……
There was no repsonse so I tried calling again but it was the same thing. I was so bored I tried the third time and just when I was about to give up, there was a response.

”Yo......! ”
I immediately recognised the voice.
"You´ve gotta be kidding me!"
"Excuse me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment