Sunday, July 21, 2013

(chapter 30) UNEXPECTED NEWS!!

"Come on. Who is that?" Justin called out.
"Just open the door Justin, it´s me Kenny." We heard someone from outside laugh as he spoke.
"Really Kenny. Really." I had to say something.
"I´m sorry but I just had to do that."
"You nearly scared the crap out of us you know."
"That was the main point, but you´ll be okay."

He came in.
"So what are you guys doing?" Kenny asked, stepping inside.
"As you can see, we are stuck here." Justin sounded a bit upset.
"We could make the best time out of what we have right now. Remember back in L.A, the last night before my parents came to take me? We had so much fun making crazy videos and taking pictures." I tried to sound comforting.

There was a little pose before he spoke.
"I feel really bad for dragging you in in this mess." I had never heard Justin sound so low.
It was heartbreaking so I had to say something, "Which mess? Are you kidding me right now! All this was not your fault at all. If that Dina girl hadn´t thought of pulling such a stupid prank or whatever she wants to call it, this would never have happened, so don´t put this on yourself, it´s not fair. I feel worse for being the reason as to why you came all the way here. If it wasn´t for me, you wouldn´t have gotten yourself in this position." 
"I´m really pissed off. It was very inconsiderate of De..Di"
"You mean Dina." I knew who he was talking about.
"Yeah, her. She ruined the whole party."
"Hey trust me, I´ve been pissed off at her since the day I knew her. I guess she´s getting what she deserves for being mean. But it was a hell of a party. It was the best party I have ever been to. Kudos for the job well done on the party, I wish I could give you an award to the best MC in the world."
"A hug would do."
"Awww...."
And I gave him a long deserved hug.

"I can´t stay in a hotel forever you know. The papparazzi will be here for some time but they will leave at last. So I´ll try to live my life like before. And you have inspired me." I stated.
"What do you mean?" Justin sounded uncertain.
"Listen Justin, even with all the rumors and drama, you have never been shy or afraid to go out and live your life the way you do just because you are scared of what people will say. You always stay true to yourself and do your own thing, because that is swaggy."
"I´m glad I have such a strong influence on you."
"It´s not just me, I´m very positive that other Beliebers feel the same way too."
"Thanks."
"You are welcomed. And I didn’t say that to please you, I only said it because it´s the truth."

He smiled. 
"It´s already late." Justin said looking at his watch, "I think I´m going to go to bed now."
"Me too. I´m super worn out, and I have to go to school tomorrow." I said.
"I think it´s best if you do. It´s not worth missing school for anything you know. Well, goodnight Rocky." And that was the word before he disappeared.
"Goodnight." I shouted back.

I remember my dad knocking on the door and waking me up later on that day, maybe around noon and I preparing to go home. I didn’t have any clothes to change into because we had come to the hotel abruptly but my dad had decided that the paparazzi were not going to affect our daily lives and we had to see my sister again. As we headed for the back door to the cars outside, i caught a glimpse of Scooter as he enter Justin´s car.

Justin came home with us that Sunday afternoon as we passed by Crystal´s house to pick her, her mom and my sister up. It was so much fun having everyone around, people close to me anyway. We were singing and playing games and dancing, it was crazy. I don´t remember seeing the paparazzi that day when I got home. I guess they were tired. 
"I don´t see any paparazzi guys today." I commented out loud.
"Oh yeah, the police came by and said that if anyone is see taking photos of us and invading our privacy, they could be charged for disturbance or something like that." My sister was the one who responded.

It was late at night when we were having dinner when my dad dropped some unexpected news on us.
"Your mom and I have been talking," he cleared his throat, "and we think that you are very talented and we don´t want to hinder you from the best. We want you to go out there and be successful because you have the potential."
I couldn´t sense where this was going with the conversation.
"We love the way you light up when you are singing and we would like to give you the opportunity to live your dreams. Ever since you were five, you have gone to singing competitions and did your best."
"What are you trying to say?"
Everyone was quiet.
"As a birthday present, Scooter and Justin suggested that you could go with them to L.A and try to achieve your dreams."
I was baffled. What do you say in such a situation? I thought I was dreaming or maybe they were playing a prank on me. Either way, I wasn´t buying it."

"This must be a prank. And I´m not falling for it."
"No Rockline, " Scooter was the one speaking, "remember the song you and Justin were singing that you wrote?"
"Yeah.."I replied, still confused.
"Well, I believe you´ve got the talent and I would love to sign you. Plus, the lyrics to your other songs are really good." Scooter replied.

I let him finish first before jumping up from the table, "thank you dad and mom" I said as I rushed forward to hug and kiss them. "You guys are the best and I won´t let you down..."

"But on some conditions," My dad sounded strict again.
"Yeah sure, whatever you want."
"We have also talked to Angel and she agreed to have your company but you will have to behave and listen to her. No lying and you have to call us every evening to let us know how you are faring."
"But what about school?" I asked curiously.
"You will have to be home schooled."
"Home schooled?" I sounded a bit disappointed.
"You are going to be very busy so that´s the only way."
I tried to sound cheerful, "well, it sounds fun."
"Most importantly, you have to keep your high grades till you graduate."
"I will. I promise."
"Then that´s all, unless your mom has something to say."

"I couldn´t agree more with your father.....especially on the education part." Scooter added.
"Don´t worry, I will make you proud." I said.
"You always have honey." My mom said something this time.

"Oh My Bieber." Crystal explained. I could see the joy in her eyes, but then it disappeared and sadness covered her face. "So..so does that means you are going to leave me?"

"Actually Crystal, we also have something planned for you too...."
Scooter sounded mysterious as he said the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment