Friday, February 8, 2013

(chapter 7) THE TRUTH ALMOST COMES OUT!!

I just switched my phone off and held it next to my heart. A drop of tear almost ran down my cheeck but I quickly wiped it away. It was like someone had just given me a huge blow to my face because I all of a sudden felt weak. I managed to pick myself up to the apartment.

The next day, medium sized guy walked in and immediately started off by a particularly catching sentence in my opinion.
"have you guys read the morning newspaper? A town girl of about 15 ran away from home and has been considered missing from home for about three days now. "

"Wow! I pity the parents, imagine how they are feeling right now, that is so damn inconsiderable of her. " Justin added, sounding annoyed.

I right away looked up to look at who had said those words and then looked down immediately as I stood up to go get myself a glass of water coz my throat had all of a sudden dried up and swallowing saliva wasn´t helping. But before I could turn to go away, he and Justin had already walked up to me.

"Scoot, meet....." he didn´t finish his sentence because someone had called him and he had to go,
"Watsup!"
"Nothin much, am good, what about you?"
"Am fine thank you"

Scooter nodded and that was all, I was so nervous about what he said earlier I became numb. He was carefully looking at me, it was like he was studying me or something, it felt really embarassing and weird all at the same time. There was a somewhat awkward silence before Justin came back and continued:

"she has an amazing voice, you should hear her. we were just trying out a song she wrote and it sounds really good, so cool."
I smiled in appreciation and we sat back down and Scooter went away, but then he came back!

"Wait, av seen you somewhere before, have we ever met before?"
"Nope, not as long as I can remember." I answered quickly
"am sure av seen you, like in the newspaper or something"
"Me, in the newspaper, that I would love to see"
"Hhhmm..........That is so weird, I can almost swear it was you I saw on the missing people´s page in one of the newspaper I read this morning."

At that point, my heart was beating really hard I thought the people in the room could hear it. But I had to answer quickly as not to arise suspicions.
I said in a sarcasticly and smiled,
"I guess I have a look-alike huh"
"I guess so...well then, let´s get back to business"
I hurriedly walked away to get some water, I didn´t want to face this guy again, I was very worried and I couldn´t concetrate the whole time we were in the studio. He kept glansing at me and scratching his chin(to emphasize that he was thinking hard)....talk about awkward moment!

He signalled some woman to go to him and whispered something in her ear and the woman walked away, just to return with a newspaper in her hand. I just felt like expoding and telling everyone that I ran away from home and that it was really me Scooter might have seen in the newspaper but I couldn´t, imagine the embarassment and dissapointed it would bring on Justin! that was what was bothering me the most. I could feel sweat forming on my forehead and armpits but I tried to stay cool.

Both the woman and Scooter were looking down at a certain page in the newspaper and the woman looked up at me and then at Scooter and nodded! What were they saying? I could guess they were talking about me but I wanted to know what it was. My breathing got heavy and I could feel my head spinning really fast. I wanted to pick the glass of water from the table next to me but all I could see was complete darkness and my mind just blacked out..............

No comments:

Post a Comment